It’s the last TMI Tuesday for the month of August. Did you know August was originally named Sextilis (‘sixth’). In 8 B.C. Sextilis was renamed August in honor of Roman Emperor Augustus. BTW…August or Sextilis was the sixth month of the year in the ancient Roman 10-month calendar.
Now for more about August:
1. In the Philippines today is National Heroes Day. Who is your hero? (You can name up to 3). Why?
2. August is Romance Awareness Month. What have you done to enhance romance in your life? Or what have you become aware of or discovered with regards to romance?
3. In the month of August there is National Raspberry Creme Day, National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, and National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Which day are you most likely to celebrate and how would you celebrate?
4. August 13 was International Left-hander’s Day. Who out there is a lefty? Anyone ambidextrous?
5. In the U.K. today is a late summer Bank Holiday. What are you doing (or did you do) with your “free” time?
Bonus: Post a pic from your mobile phone that was taken in this month of August. Explain the photo…or not 🙂