It is a cold and windy day here in Washington DC area but at least the heavy rains from Hurricane Joaquin have gone away. Let’s make it a great day and do TMI Tuesday! -H
Moral Dilemmas Ahead
1) You are at your best friend’s wedding just an hour before the ceremony is to start. Earlier that day, you came across definitive proof that your best friend’s spouse-to-be is having an affair with the best man/maid of honor, and you catch them sneaking out of a room together looking disheveled. If you tell your friend about the affair, their day will be ruined, but you don’t want them to marry a cheater. What do you do?
a. Tell your best friend and ruin what is supposed to be the best day of his/her life
b. Say nothing and let the wedding go as planned
c. Confront the intended groom/bride, and insist they ‘fess up to your best friend
d. Speak up when the wedding officiant says, “If any of you has reasons why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace.”
2) If you saw someone shoplifting, what would you do?
3) An out of control train is running down a track towards five people. You are on a bridge under which the train will pass and you can stop it by dropping a heavy weight in front of it. As it happens, there is a very large man next to you. Your only way to stop the train is to push the man over the bridge and onto the track, killing him to save the five people.
Would you push the man off the bridge? YES or NO
4) A handsome/pretty in-law has flirted with you for years. You find them very attractive. It is obvious he/she wishes to pursue a relationship with you. If you were sure no one would ever know, would you:
a. Make it clear to them you’re not interested
b. Continue to flirt, but go no further.
c. Make them the main fuel of your sexual fantasies.
d. Let the relationship become physical–no one will ever know.
5) Would you rather have one year off at your current rate of pay OR work your current job for a year at double your current rate of pay?
Bonus: Why should anyone care what consenting adults do in private?
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!